iPod Ipod touch 4th gen 8gb - water damage now camera wont work

stevecuns

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

managed to put my daughters new ipod touch 4 through the wash!
After looking at loads of youtube videos i left the ipod in a container of rice on and off for about 4 days. Everything seems to be workng fine except the camera, ie wifi, apps, mic, music & internet.

when i open up the camera app the shutter doesnt open, it shows the little photos icon bottom left, camera bottom middle. the prob is that the bottom right camera/video thingy just flashes all the time?

i have tried covering up the front/rear camera with my finger but nothing seems to work.

it connects to itunes no problem and i have just updated it to the latest version 4.3.3

Update!!! as i am typing this it is sort of letting me slide between photo & video but pressing the record button just makes a quick beep but shutter stays shut. when in photo mode press button and shutter stays shut??

Maybe a few more days in rice????

any help much apreciated as it cost me a fortune....... 8-(

it is nice nd clean though lol......

cheers

Steve.....

just chuck it back in the rice for a few more days mate, cant do it anymore harm, if that dont work its fooked mate, unless ya start taking it to bits and buy a new camera, but thats more of a chore then its worth!

Have put it back in the rice, also chucked in one of those silica pack things you get in the pakaging of electrical stuff etc

tbh im suprised its working at all, it somehow got into a pillow case nd went through a 50 wash of just bedding. she only really uses it for aps but you know kids, "how will i survive without the camera...."

cheers

Steve

dont think theres much more ya can do mate either, as from what iv read over the years rice is meant to be the best thing, so good luck, let me know how it goes!

Back