iPhone No network after jailbreaking 3g 4.2.1

Tony_Jay86

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have jailbroken my iphone 3g 4.2.1 with sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 and now i cant pick up a signal.

Phone was fine prior to this, and the iphone activated once i had restored before jailbreaking.

I ticked the hacktivate option in sn0wbreeze.

Ive tried this twice now, and same has happended both times.

Phone now has cydia on it.

Phone carrier was o2, which is my network, phone wasnt unlocked.

Phone had 4.2.1 on when i got it.

Any help would be great, as ive spent hours on this trying to sort it out.

Phone didn't need hacktivated if already activated :) pain in the bum but I'd restore to 4.2.1 (if you kept your shsh blobs!!) and check the network is working fine before jailbreaking again. I've never used sn0wbreeze but I thought 4.2.1 could only be done via greenpois0n and whatever tool dev team released a week later.....have you tried resetting network settings?¿?

Phone didn't need hacktivated if already activated :) pain in the bum but I'd restore to 4.2.1 (if you kept your shsh blobs!!) and check the network is working fine before jailbreaking again. I've never used sn0wbreeze but I thought 4.2.1 could only be done via greenpois0n and whatever tool dev team released a week later.....have you tried resetting network settings?¿?

The 2.2.1 is the version of sn0wbreeze i used.

Greenpois0n is for iphone 3gs and later, not 3g. With a quick search around, i found out what to use on the 3g.

I have restored it back to normal 4.2.1 for about the 5th time today.

Tried reseting network once jailbroken, and still no good, now iam back to factory settings, it works fine.

Never realised it was a 3G. Are you trying to keep an older baseband for unlocking? Older versions of rensn0w have been able to jailbreak 4.2.1 on 3g and untethered for a long time-just iphone3gs with newer bootrom, iphone4 and iPad that had to be tethered(b4 greenpois0n)

Never realised it was a 3G. Are you trying to keep an older baseband for unlocking? Older versions of rensn0w have been able to jailbreak 4.2.1 on 3g and untethered for a long time-just iphone3gs with newer bootrom, iphone4 and iPad that had to be tethered(b4 greenpois0n)

I havent done a single thing with the baseband, and as far as iam aware, the phone is originally locked to o2.

Maybe i should try the preserve baseband option in the hope this does something?

The phone does come up with 1 bar of signal, but iam guessing this is for emergency calls, as when i go into settings>general>about, it says the network is unavailable same with the carrier, where as normal, the carrier says o2 9.0

Also, iTunes is saying that there is a update for my baseband, is it worth updating?

The 2.2.1 is the version of sn0wbreeze i used.

Greenpois0n is for iphone 3gs and later, not 3g. With a quick search around, i found out what to use on the 3g.

I have restored it back to normal 4.2.1 for about the 5th time today.

Tried reseting network once jailbroken, and still no good, now iam back to factory settings, it works fine.

Hi Mate you can also use Redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 for an untethered jailbreak.

Hi Mate you can also use Redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 for an untethered jailbreak.

Upon first reading about that version, it said it was for a teathered jailbreak, but i think its unteathered for early 3gs, 3g and 2, and think its teathered for later 3gs and 4.

Managed to jailbreak it, and alls good, touch wood, signal is fine now, back to how it should be.

nice 1 mate glad your sorted

In the Redsn0w, it gives you the option to get the ipad baseband, if i select this, does this it will change my baseband to ipads and i will be able to unlock my iphone?

My current baseband is 05.15.04 (modem firmware).

Back