Thread: Kernel i need for rooting


Forum: Android

I updated my Galaxy s2 to Ice Cream Sandwich today and lost my Root. I can seem to find a new kernal anywhere GT-I9100 (UK, unlocked) Android Version 4.0.3 Baseband version

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    DW Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Channel Dave
    Posts
    2,037
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Kernel i need for rooting

    I updated my Galaxy s2 to Ice Cream Sandwich today and lost my Root.

    I can seem to find a new kernal anywhere

    GT-I9100 (UK, unlocked)

    Android Version
    4.0.3

    Baseband version
    I9100XXLPQ

    Kernel version
    3.0.15-I9100XLPQ-CL223505
    se.infra@sep-94 3

    Build number
    IML74K.xxLPQ

    Could anyone point me in the direction of what Insecure Kernel and secure kernel i need for rooting. Many Thanks



  2. #2
    DW Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Channel Dave
    Posts
    2,037
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  3. #3
    DW Respected Member nistleboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    was manchester now n.i.
    Posts
    1,010
    DW Cash
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    136
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi p moore

    I have mine rooted but i totally lost as what to del and what to keep.my phone is on gingerbread at min.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

  4. #4
    DW Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Channel Dave
    Posts
    2,037
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Kernel i need for rooting

    Quote Originally Posted by nistleboy View Post
    Hi p moore

    I have mine rooted but i totally lost as what to del and what to keep.my phone is on gingerbread at min.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    I didnt delete anything m8. I followed the guide from http://www.redmondpie.com/download-i...w-to-tutorial/

    After phone rebooted all information and apps remained on it.

    I then went here xda-developers - View Single Post - [13.03.2012][CF-Root 5.3] K/EFGHIJKLP*, LA2/4, LP1/2/6/B/H/J/Q - su+bb+CWM4/5

    and rooted my phone again.

    The last bit I am trying to find is a Secure Kernal for my phone to get rid of the yellow triangle when it boots but (The link for the Secure Kernal is dead on the original post)

  5. #5
    VIP Member seanicca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    waiting for a Z but decided on a HTC One
    Posts
    1,977
    DW Cash
    234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmoore31 View Post
    I didnt delete anything m8. I followed the guide from http://www.redmondpie.com/download-i...w-to-tutorial/

    After phone rebooted all information and apps remained on it.

    I then went here xda-developers - View Single Post - [13.03.2012][CF-Root 5.3] K/EFGHIJKLP*, LA2/4, LP1/2/6/B/H/J/Q - su+bb+CWM4/5

    and rooted my phone again.

    The last bit I am trying to find is a Secure Kernal for my phone to get rid of the yellow triangle when it boots but (The link for the Secure Kernal is dead on the original post)
    Can you not use trangle away off xda, its only for ics

    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    DW Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Channel Dave
    Posts
    2,037
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Kernel i need for rooting

    Quote Originally Posted by seanicca View Post
    Can you not use trangle away off xda, its only for ics

    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
    I did think about it [02.03.2012][ROOT] TriangleAway v1.25 - xda-developers

    I don't like the part that says

    THIS IS A DANGEROUS OPERATION AND COULD POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. A USB JIG IS PREFERRED IF YOU HAVE ONE.

    I am worried I might brick it m8..........

  7. #7
    DW Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Channel Dave
    Posts
    2,037
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Kernel i need for rooting

    Cheers mate. He who dares wins Rodney!!!
    I used triangle away.

    My triangle has gone

  8. #8
    VIP Member seanicca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    waiting for a Z but decided on a HTC One
    Posts
    1,977
    DW Cash
    234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmoore31 View Post
    Cheers mate. He who dares wins Rodney!!!
    I used triangle away.

    My triangle has gone
    Glad your sorted. Afaik the jig only works on older roms with the old bootloader. I feel like im missing all the fun having just sold my S2 and got the xperia S :-(

    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Just Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Kernel i need for rooting

    Did you find yours ?? plz help as i am also not able to find the right kernel for my device , details are
    kernel version is 3.0.8 dpi@DELL174#2 SMP PREEMPT Tue may 22 15:00:05 KST 2012
    Build Number : IML74.XXLPQ
    Baseband version : l9100GDDLP5



User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Important Keywords:

2012, 3.0, 3.2, 910, apps, dead, dell, download, europe, galaxy, guide, ice, information, missing, phone, point, roms, root, single, unlocked, updated, usb, version, kernel, rooting, number, iml74k.xxlpq, build, se.infra@sep-94, i9100xxlpq, 3.0.15-i9100xlpq-cl223505, insecure, secure, direction, baseband, sandwich, today, lost, cream, gt-i9100, android, kernal, find, 4.0.3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •