Thread: Mid 7" tablet reinstall firmware help

Forum: Android

Hi guys, wasnt sure where to post this question,sorry if in the wrong forum. just got a mid 7" tablet pc used/as new condition & i would like to reinstall the android 1.6 firmware & start a fresh with it. I dont think its running right atm, error messages pop up all over the place. i have the files downloaded to my pc for eken m009 android 1.6 but havent got a clue how to install it onto the tablet. tried copying the file structure onto a usb (fat32) and powering up the pad with it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DW Senior Member
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mid 7" tablet reinstall firmware help

Hi guys, wasnt sure where to post this question,sorry if in the wrong forum.

just got a mid 7" tablet pc used/as new condition & i would like to reinstall the android 1.6 firmware & start a fresh with it. I dont think its running right atm, error messages pop up all over the place.

i have the files downloaded to my pc for eken m009 android 1.6 but havent got a clue how to install it onto the tablet.

tried copying the file structure onto a usb (fat32) and powering up the pad with it pluged in through the usb adapter. it just powers up as usual. says uberoid on the screen when powering up.

any ideas please on how to install the firmware.

cheers

steve.....

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Mid 7" tablet reinstall firmware help

hi mate, look in the settings, then about tablet or whatever, is there not a setting in there to reset back to factory settings!

DW Senior Member
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi mate, in the manual it says goto menu-settings-sd cards and equipment-storage-restore factory. The problem is that i get to menu-settings, but when press sd cards and equipment it allways fails with "sorry, the aplication settings(process.com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectadly. please try again. force close.

it does this everytime i try it.

maybe i need to put the files on an sd card?

my nephew got this off ebay last month as used/new & has now given it to me to cover costs of his broken netbook(see my old post in clasifieds) long story, he broke his netbook screen, oooouuuchchhh, cost 50 pound for the new screen.

cheers

steve

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly you need to get the right firmware for the device. Otherwise it may not have the right drivers.

If it's like the eken m001 then you put the firmware on the root of the SD card, when the device is turned off, and it finds it and installs it when you turn on the device.

I've done the mrs's m001 a few times with custom firmware from slatedroid. She's always camplaining that everytime she goes to read a book there's a different startup screen.
    "Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

DW Senior Member
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers for the info Captin, was thinking i mght have to put it onto the SD card, am going 2 get one of those sd card readers for the laptop so i can copy the files onto it. Have tried to connect it up with the usb/ethernet adapter but coulndt connect to it. Should only cost a couple of pound of the bay.

will let you know how i get on later in the week......

steve.......

ps its bloody lovelly outside up here in the North East, spring must finally be here....

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have done my elonex tablet m8 and I have had to extract the script folder from zip file (firmware download) and put it on sd card, then power off the tablet and on reboot it just installs the firmware itself from the sd card, then get a message to remove sd card and it finishes booting.
    just delete file from sd card before putting it back in.

DW Senior Member
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers sempi, hoping the card reader comes today so i can copy the firmware onto the sdcard & give it a go.

keep you posted.......

DW Senior Member
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE........

card reader arrived today, pluged in micro sd 1gb & connected upto my laptop. backed it up & the deleted everything off it. copied on the script folder for my tablet (eken m009_v4) and popped it into my tablet with the power off.

powered up the tab & off it went installing the firmware. Once finished i removed the sd card & deleted the script folder, then popped it back in the tab and powered up.

i now have fully working tab with android 2.2

now going to have a look around for some apps to put on it, mainly interested in fbook, ebay nd skype.

thanks for all your help guys.

ps if anyone is having trouble with there eken m009 tab send me a pm & i will help you out if i can.

pps i only found out i had the generic 7" mid tab from Eken as i have the blue power led + the headphone socket is green, also i did take it to bits nd it says M009_v4 on the motherboard.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad ya got it sorted mate, applanet is a great source to get free apps from, its up and down like a prostitutes knickers at the minute but when it works its a great source for apps. heres the apk for it, stick it on the memory card then use a file browser like astro to find and install it.

by the way mate whats it like as a tablet is it any good???
    Attached Files Attached Files

DW Senior Member
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers for that, will check it out now.

havent really had a good play with it yet, only really got it to help my nephew out as he needed the cash to replace the screen in his netbook. Think i will only use it for fbook & ebay nd stuff. It does say android 2.2 but im sure he bought it as android 1.6? going to try out some flash nd if that works then im thinking it must be on android 2.2?

not too sure what i can use it for really??

cheers

steve.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast