i have just bought this pice of kit and was wondering if anyone had one and had flashed it
all guidence would be great as i am moving from nthell to sat box due in a few days i have found this http://europe.nokia.com/A4144547#1
How to upgrade Nokia 9800s using download server program.
Computer with serial COM port.
Serial 9-pin null-modem cable.
1. Save the files SerialServer.exe and the download file sysSW.dl in the
same directory. Make sure that the Set-top-box is disconnected from the
power supply and no other program uses the COM port you wish to use
for the download.
2. Decide if you want to use communication port COM1 or COM2 and
press "Options" to set the right port. Also make sure that the following
communication parameters are set in the control panel, port settings:
* bits/second: 19200
* data bits: 8
* stop bits: 1
* parity: none
* flow control: hardware (or maybe none)
3. Press "Open Image" and select the file that should be downloaded to
the box [typically sysSW.dl]. (This file has been created with dsmcc_tool)
4. Press "Start Download" and plug in the set top box.
5. Wait about 15 minutes until the download is complete. The front
display will indicate how many percent of the download that is still
6. After the download, press "Exit".
and have files but i was wondering how they run i hear like a dbox 1
if anyone has any clue on how its done and also how to set up the motorised dish etc would be great to hear from you